Jason Herman - Insurance Attorney
When my son was almost four, he asked me about my job. I had to think for a while about how I would answer. He doesn't know about laws or courts. So I told him I help people. I help people understand things that are hard to figure out and I help people get what’s fair.
For my entire career, I’ve been helping clients understand insurance policies and representing clients in court to make sure the right policy interpretations are applied—that the promises made in insurance policies are kept, just like they’re written. I’ve tried insurance cases before juries and argued insurance cases before judges throughout Florida and Georgia. I represent clients on property claims, like claims for damages caused by storm, sinkhole, fire, vandalism, and water. Sometimes insurance companies send letters reserving rights or file lawsuits against their own policyholders. I handle those cases, too.
If you need help with an insurance issue, please give me a call on my direct number (813) 803-2111. Or, you can e-mail me and let me know a good time for me to call you.
Admitted to practice in:
- Florida (state & federal)
- Georgia (state & federal)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- University of Florida, B.A., in English, 2001
- Since 2010, recognized every year as a Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers, a select group of lawyers under the age of 40 comprised of only the top 2.5% of lawyers practicing in Florida.